Dunbarton High School's Philosophy
Our mandate is creating, developing and implementing programs and strategies for the educational requirements and success of exceptional students. Advocating for the exceptional learner so they in turn will learn to advocate for themselves.
Durham District School Board Mission Statement
The mission of Special Education within the Durham District School Board is to provide a range of programs, placements and services for students with special needs in a supportive environment which enables them to develop to their full potential as students and as members of their communities.Durham District School Board staff, students, parents and community partners, with the resources available, will collectively strive to ensure that:
- effective communication and collaboration are fostered to ensure a team approach to meeting students needs;
- assessment data is used to best meet individual student needs;
- appropriate resources are provided and supported for students and staff;
- professional development opportunities are provided and supported for students and staff;
- structures are in place to continuously review and revise current practice and student achievement.
|The Academic Resource Department Mentorship Program is set up to assist students with their academic and social success during their high school experience. Educational Assistants arrange weekly or biweekly appointments with their assigned students. These appointments are usually scheduled before or after school. During these meetings Educational Assistants will help the students with the organization of his/her binders and class work. They will reinforce the importance of using the student's agenda and homework completion.